My sister-in-law Stephanie makes a great chili, and she shared the recipe with us. I love hominy and bell peppers, so we add those in. We’ve also made this with a pound of cubed, cooked pork chops for an extra meaty chili–haha, we called it “Meaty Meat Meat Chili”. You can make this in a pot or let it simmer in the crock pot.
And this one is naturally gluten free.
It’s got a fair amount of spice, but you can add even more chili powder to up the heat.
- 1 lb. lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 lb. Sausage
- 1 lb. Pork Chops, cubed (optional)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2-3 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 heaping Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder (or fresh garlic)
- 2 c. Beef Broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 can Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 large can (25 oz.) Hominy, drained
Cook the meat, then add the onion (and fresh garlic if using). Add the spices (chili powder to garlic powder) and stir. Then add remaining ingredients and heat through.