This dressing is amazing! And it’s easy because you just throw everything in the blender. It’s great on a sweet pork salad and also inside a sweet pork burrito. I adapted this from a recipe on The Recipe Critic. It often turned out pretty runny and not spicy enough (albeit still delicious), so I made some adjustments. I’m not sure if it’s 100% a Cafe Rio copycat, but I love it. Sometimes 2 jalapenos can be really hot, but I think I’d prefer a little too much heat in the dressing to basically none. Otherwise you might as well make plain ranch.
And this one is naturally gluten free.
Cafe Rio Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
Use 2 jalapenos if you want it to have any heat (1 is usually very mild).
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 c. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tomatillos, husk removed and cut in chunks
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Cilantro (discard stems)
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1-2 Jalapenos with seeds, cut in chunks (2 if you want any heat)
- Up to 1 c. Buttermilk for desired consistency (or 1 c. milk + 1 Tbsp. lemon juice) (or just use regular milk)