If I’m going to have chips and salsa, I love to have pico. I love the fresh made salsa at Harmons and wish I had a recipe for it, but this is a pretty good recipe adapted from one on All Recipes. Just make sure you give it lots of time to sit, so it can absorb the flavors.
And this one is naturally gluten free, just like the tortilla chips you eat with it.
Pico de Gallo
Chopping takes a while, but it’s delicious and easy to come together.
- 6 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper or 2 small Green Bell Peppers, diced
- ½ White or Red Onion, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Juice of 1 lime (or 1/2 if it’s very juicy)
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 pinch Garlic Powder
- Salt (quite a bit) and Pepper to taste